Monday 30 January 2017

Milani Cosmetics


I recently discovered that US make-up range Milani Cosmetics was available in the UK from both their own UK website & also from Beauty Bay. So I ordered some of their "cult products" which featured prominently in a lot of US bloggers' "Best of 2016" Round-Ups to try out. I decided to order from Beauty Bay rather than their own website as Beauty Bay has free international shipping for orders over €18, also they seemed to have a better shade range in stock when I placed my orders (Beware though as Beauty Bay took aaaages to delivery, was waiting about three weeks for each order & tracking is not available with free delivery).


On my first order I purchased one bottle of the Conceal And Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation & Concealer in the shade 03 Light Beige (€13.10), two of the Baked Blushes in the shades Luminoso & Dolce Pink (€9.50 each) And one of the Powder Blushes in the shade Tea Rose (€10.70).

On My second order I purchased the Conceal And Perfect 2 in 1 Foundation & Concealer in the shade 01 Creamy Vanilla.

On my third order I purchased two Baked Blushes in the shades Rose D'oro & Berry Amore.

The foundation has quickly become my absolute favourite foundation, and is, in my opinion a close dupe for Estee Lauder Double Wear. It is a high coverage foundation when applied with a brush, but can be sheered out if applied with a Beauty Blender. This foundation does not settle into any of my fine lines & lasts throughout a full day's work, which would be about nine or ten hours. I don't set mine with a powder (except maybe my nose), I mist MAC's Fix+ over instead to keep it dewy looking, but those with oily complexions will probably need to powder. 


Be warned though, this foundation runs incredibly dark. From the description on the website I thought 03 Light Beige would be my perfect shade, but I could only wear this shade with a dark tan. The lightest shade 01 Creamy Vanilla is still very dark (and yellow toned) so I'd still need to have a bit of colour to match it. Milani Cosmetics has just announced that they have launched an even lighter shade 00, but this hasn't reached us yet.

Left: 01 Creamy Vanilla. Right: 03 Light Beige

The Powder Blush is beautiful to look at, almost too pretty to use! It offers a matte flush of colour. Very pigmented, so the brush definitely needs to be tapped off. Long lasting too. I probably won't order any more of these, as beautiful as they are, as I think they Baked Blushes give a much nicer & more luminous look, where as the matte finish can tend to look a bit flat on the skin



The Baked Blushes are fabulous! Although they swatch with chunks of glitter, this doesn't seem to translate when applied with a brush to the cheeks, instead you are left with this fabulous healthy sheen. Some of the brighter colours can be very pigmented, so a light hand is needed, but the glow you are left with is incredible. 


They come with a little portable brush in the little compact mirror underneath, but these are pretty useless, the wrong shape & they don't seem to pick up pigment. But you will not be disappointed with a proper blusher brush. 


Although most people's favourite shade seems to be Luminoso, mine is Berry Amore. It looks so good on the skin without leaning too pink or too orange.



No comments:

Post a Comment