Tuesday 24 January 2017

Disappointing Products

Bourjois City Radiance Foundation
This foundation is really bad. Really really bad. I picked it up due to the fact that it had "Radiance" in the title & I find that a lot of foundation can look flat on the skin. This product has no radiance at all. The product seemed to separate as soon as it was applied to the skin, leaving what looked like small dots of foundation on the skin instead of a smooth canvas. I tried different methods of application- Beauty Blender, brush, fingers etc, different types of primers and mixing it with other foundations or moisturisers. Nothing helped, its just a really bad foundation. €12 from Sam McCauleys



Schwarzkopf Got2b Mind Blowing Xpress Dry Styling Spray
This spray actually damaged my hair rather than helping it. It is supposed to speed up drying time when blow drying, condition & provide heat protection. This product completely dried my hair out & it became incredibly brittle & ended up breaking.This spray might work if you have oily hair, but stay well clear if you've any dryness.  



Naked 3 palette
I wanted to love this palette so much, it looks absolutely beautiful & the colour range of dusty pinks is divine. Unfortunately I was disappointed, when blended on the eye the mattes just blend into one dusty pink colour, there's no gradient or colour differentiation. Some of the colours even blend away to nothing. 



The shimmers are, unfortunately, just as bad. Even when using Mac Fix+ on the brush you can't get enough product for a wash of colour, all you end up with is a few flecks of glitter on the eye.  I barely use this product, but I opened it the other day & some of the pans are loose. Not good, especially for the money. €50 from Debenhams.



Caudalie Micellar Cleansing Water 
I received this product in a kit from Cult Beauty & also received it in a Birchbox last year. Its not necessary a terrible product. It's just OK. My Garnier Micellar Water performed much better & is much cheaper. It doesn't seem to be great at removing make-up, so I generally just use it at the very end of removing make-up to get rid of any left over cleanser.



Catrice High Glow Mineral Highlighting Powder.
Again not a terrible product by any means, but this was so hyped on Instagram I had to try it. Because of the surrounding hype, it was out of stock every time I tried to purchase it from Penneys/Primark. When I finally did get my hands on it I was severely under-whelmed... It's fine. Just fine. Gave a subtle highlight but also left a slight pink cast & noticable glitter on my cheeks which I wasn't a fan off. It's grand if you're looking for a cheap highlighter though.


No comments:

Post a Comment