Wednesday 26 October 2016

The Best of Liquid Lipsticks Part 1: Kylie Cosmetics


A few weeks ago Kylie Cosmetics had a free shipping offer, so I decided to try one of her Liquid Lipstick Sets. The colour I chose was "Dirty Peach" as I thought it would be a good autumnal neutral & didn't look like any of the other liquid lipsticks I owned (I have a lot).



The Lip Kits are $29 & international shipping is usually $14.95. With the free shipping I paid €26 for the lipstick & lip pencil. Irish customs are applicable for international orders over €22, but luckily this time mine wasn't chosen.




I found that the best way to apply this lipstick is to exfoliate the lips, apply a lip balm & let in sink in for a few minutes, then wipe off any residue left on lips.

Next, apply the lip liner all over the lips & top with lipstick. The formula of the lipstick is fairly runny & doesn't dry too quickly, giving you time to work with it.




The Lip Liner appears very similar to MAC's Prolong wear lip liners & applies very similar too. It's nice & soft so it doesn't drag the skin.



There has been a lot of talk about the similarities between Kylie Cosmetics & Colourpop Cosmetics. While it's fairly common knowledge that the two are made in the same factory, some believe that Kylie Cosmetics is simply Colourpop repackaged. While there is certainly some similarities between presentation & packaging type the formulas do feel different & the Bottle of Kylie Lipstick is heavier & much better quality than Colourpop.


One issue I had with the lipstick is that it wouldn't apply to the inner rim of my lips, this does happen with a lot of liquid lipsticks, but was even more pronounced with this one.

I loved the colour & the formula but this was not a long lasting lipstick on me (I tried with & without primer) after two cups of coffee this had all but disappeared. Touch-ups are definitely needed throughout the day.



No comments:

Post a Comment