Thursday 13 August 2015

Removing Gel Nail Extentions

So after having Gel Nail Extentions continuously for the past year, I decided it might be time to give my poor nails a break, as you can see from the below picture, they are badly in need of a bit of TLC!

Despite the large selection of nail care available these days, I decided to keep it old-school & try Sally Hansen "Hard as Nails"

Nails before:


After the nails extensions were all removed, I buffed the surface of the nail gently & pushed back the cuticles. I then lightly filed the nails into an oval shape as this helps peeling as the nails get stronger. My nails are now paper thin & sore to the touch, so I applied three coats of the "Hard as Nails", two coats of Inglot Nail Polish & then two coats of Sally Hansen "Mega Shine" Top Coat. 


 Nails after Extentions were removed & nails were buffed:


I am planning to repeat this process about twice a week & keep my nails short until they regain some strength back.

Finished nails:









No comments:

Post a Comment